The restored and partially reconstructed organ of Christoph Heinrich Obuch from 1760 was reinstalled in the chapel of the Lidzbark castle.
Krzysztof Urbaniak graduated from the Fryderyk Chopin Academy of Music in Warsaw in the organ class of Prof. Józef Serafin and in the harpsichord class of Prof. Leszek Kędracki. He also graduated with honours from the Hochschule für Musik und Darstellende Kunst in Stuttgart in the organ class of Prof. Ludger Lohmann and in the harpsichord class of Prof. Jörg Halubek (Künstlerische Ausbildung and Konzertexamen).
"In terms of construction, the organ stands between the Gdańsk and Königsberg schools. Some details are made like in Casparini's workshop, others like Hildebrandt.
With the exception of one pipe of Floet's 8' voice, all pipes were lost during and/or after 1945. To determine how the individual pipes should be made, numerous studies were needed on the other organs of Obuch, Casparini and Hildebrandt. Two historical photographs were subjected to photogrammetric analysis and allowed to reconstruct the geometry of the front pipes.
The organ was restored in the 1970s by Józef Mollin under the direction of Marian Dorawa. After about 50 years, it was decided to put the instrument under scrutiny again."
The works were carried out by Zych Zakłady Organowe.
Fig. Piotr Zych
Conservation carried out as part of the project "Conservation and restoration of the fourteenth-century castle in Lidzbark Warmiński – pearls of Gothic architecture in Poland – stage III" co-financed from funds received from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway under the EEA funds, from the state budget and co-financed by the Local Government of the Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship
Together, we are working towards a green, competitive and inclusive Europe."