We present a bottle found during archaeological research during the project MF EEA II - Conservation and restoration of the fourteenth century castle in Lidzbark Warmiński. The exhibit will be admired at the Acquisition Show in the Olsztyn castle.
Found during architectural research of the former sanitary facilities of the St. George orphanage functioning in the castle, in the years 1859-1932. The monument was discovered at the bottom of a deep construction shaft used during renovation works carried out in the castle in the 1st quarter of the twentieth century.
The vinegar and liqueur factory in Biskupiec (Bischofsburg, Essig- und Likörfabrik Winkler), stood on the site of the bishop's, later the city mill. The date of commencement and end of the company's activity is unknown, nor the scope of its production.
The bottle was produced by the company "Der Lachs" for the famous Gdańsk liqueur "Goldwasser" and most likely also sold to other factories, in this particular case to the factory in Biskupiec.
Currently, the third stage of the project "Conservation and restoration of the fourteenth-century castle in Lidzbark Warmiński – pearls of Gothic architecture in Poland – stage III" is underway, implemented with funds received from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway under EEA funds and the Minister of Culture and National Heritage.
Together, we work towards a green, competitive and inclusive Europe.
Co-financed by the Self-Government of the Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship.