Today, in the Small Refectory Castle/Warmia Museum in Lidzbark Warmiński, there was a lecture from the series: Famous, not fully remembered. Alfons Maria Buchholz (1884-1957) – a distinguished resident of Lidzbark Warmiński.
Father Alfons Maria Buchholz from 1920 served as the parish priest of St. Peter and Paul in Lidzbark Warmiński. On his initiative, m.in in 1920, a cemetery was created in the former bishop's gardens, the current communal one, a house for seniors, the current Commune Office. First of all, in 1924, the creation of the Castle Reconstruction Board was initiated.
The meeting was carried out as part of the project "Conservation and restoration of the fourteenth-century castle in Lidzbark Warmiński – pearls of Gothic architecture in Poland – iii stage", implemented from funds received from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway as part of EEA funds, as well as the Minister of Culture of National Heritage and Sport and the Self-Government of the Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship.
Together we work for a Europe that is green, competitive, and inclusive.
[Img = 300] https://m.wmwm.pl/2021/08/orig/a-640-x-360-7094.jpg [/ img]
[gallery = 4] 2871 [/ gallery]